19 June 2012

MIA

i can't believe i've been so MIA –  i really thought i'd be blogging about all my dietary foodventures. but let's be real. it's easier to complain out-loud to my fiance and friends than in type and i don't see the point in posting pictures of plantain chips and glasses of milk.

anyway. my weigh-in schedule has really veered off course. but hopefully from here on out i will stick to WEEKLY weigh-ins. although going every eight to ten(ish) days seems to work out better in my mind ... and saves moneyy.

in other news. my mom came with me yesterday. i have to admit it's been really difficult dieting in my home environment. i live amongst polar opposites –  my sister who is extremely disciplined and sticks to a calorie restricted diet and then treats herself weekly and my mother who, admittedly has poor eating habits.

i've never wanted to place blame on anyone for my eating habits or my weight. i grew up under pretty interesting circumstances. my dad loved his juicer. we would wake up weekend mornings to the sounds of the blades grinding up fresh and delicious fruit juices. he also tried to get us to drink soy and goat's milk rather than cow's milk. even now that man will steam anything. like. even chicken. that's not to say he like, didn't EVER eat fast food or candy. he did. we just grew up in house that was half organic half convenience aka frozen dinners/take out. and at the grocery store it was never a question of "can we have ice cream?" it was more like "what kind do you want?" growing up, both of my parents were thin so i suppose i never saw a reason to not eat junk food. i, on the other hand, was always overweight (overweight never "obese"). and seeing my twin sister eat the same things i did and be half the size was always, in some subconscious way, upsetting. but honestly, i never lacked confidence. i never "struggled" with my weight despite knowing i could lose a few lbs. i was active, had friends (/boyfriends) and genuinely loved myself for who i was inside and out.

it wasn't until recently i became aware and thus unhappy with my body. not so coincidentally, it was when i moved back home. being around two people who have such incredibly conflicting food/health ideologies was overwhelming. it was only then i could actually admit to myself i was making excuses. that i knew i wanted to lose weight but was being lazy. and though i don't necessarily wholeheartedly agree with my sister's food philosophy, i most certainly did not agree with my mom's. and so, a little more than a month into me dieting via accuweight loss, my mom decided to come with me. i'm proud of her for realizing it's time for a lifestyle change. especially since her blood pressure is high and she's at risk for developing diabetes. she NEEDS to do this NOW. and hopefully she will be successful!



current weight: 148 pounds-to-go: 13 (8 for original goal)

No comments:

Post a Comment